The Society of Biological Psychiatry’s vision is to advance understanding, investigation, and treatment of psychiatric disorders until they are eliminated as a cause of human suffering.
The mission of the Society of Biological Psychiatry is to:
- Promote excellence in research investigating the nature, causes, mechanisms, and treatments of disorders of thought, emotion, and behavior.
- Foster development of investigators in psychiatry.
- Educate young scientists and clinicians about the biological underpinnings of psychiatric disorders more generally.
- Disseminate the highest quality knowledge regarding the scientific basis of psychiatry.
- Highest ethical standards of professional conduct
- Lifelong learning
- Respect for diversity
SOBP Tag Line
Collaborating to eliminate human suffering from mental illness.